Thursday, September 25, 2014

{CLASSROOM} 31 Amazing Teacher Costumes - BuzzFeed

So I was at work the other day when a friend of mine tagged me in a post called  "31 Amazing Teacher Costumes" from Buzzfeed. Then she wrote that you might recognize someone who is number ONE! So I check it out and it was ME! haha This was pretty shocking! I mean, its not every day you get to go viral on BuzzFeed with your photo of you as a palm tree with the alphabet falling down it!

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom



It was my first year teaching, and for Halloween, we must dress up with a literacy theme, or something from a children's book. So I love the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, so I decided to be the palm tree! It was probably the easiest costume, ever! I bought those peel apart letters from the local Walgreens in the school supply section, and safety pinned them to my brown clothes. Then, I made a green band for my palm tree leave hat and attached large leaves and coconuts with a stapler. I had pinned this picture on my Pinterest page a while back, and it constantly has been pinned. Regardless, I was SO excited to be featured, even if it was just a simple little BuzzFeed list. 

So there it is, my big claim to fame.. so far. 


aloha :: Krista 

No comments:

Post a Comment